Sunday 17 May 2009

Froggy style...froggy...froooooggg



A few day ago or was it last week haha, I released a tree frog back into the wild after keeping it for two nights. Found it in the middle of town at night outside a closed shop. The only reason I noticed it was because it hopped real far in front of me while I was walking - and of course me being me, I got real excited about it because it's soo hard for ME to find tree frogs here, like proper tree frogs..the ones I always find around our house are those common toads and the banded bullfrogs. The last time I found one of these tree frogs was hmm well years ago. I think I have photos of it in my DA somewhere. Anyways I googled and I think the name is the Common Tree Frog, Four-lined Tree Frog or White-lipped Tree Frog (Polypedates leucomystax).

Anyways that night when I finally took it out of the tank for a photo shoot, I had to get my hubby to give me a hand because that frog just would not stay still hahaha. And I'm not exaggerating when I say that frog can jump a distance. You can just imagine how strong those legs are by looking at em (no, not for eating). My hubby had to chase it around and make sure it didn't jump too far up the wall hahaha. Shame I couldn't take photos of it in natural background :s..but at least I got some clear photos of it. :) Hope I find some more of these frogs again one day! I do like em! (Slimy things)

No comments:

Post a Comment