Saturday 25 April 2009

Mudskipper Haven!!



Few days ago I dragged my poor hubby to a river so that I could take photos for my project. While he waited in the car, I braved the blazing hot sun, carrying my heavy camera and nearly jumped out of my skin when a dog barked at me while I was deep in thought. I finally got to the riverbank, and was greeted by the sound of splashes. And to my delight, I saw mudskippers, but not just that, there were some HUGE mudskippers!! At least, the biggest ones I've ever seen in my life!! The ones I usually get to see are small ones, about 2inches long, and I usually thought they were big. And I remember once a friend told me that 2 inches was nothing, and he gestured how big the ones he's seen before were. Which I found hard to believe hahaha. But that day, I saw plenty of giant mudskippers - they must have been like 8 inches long each!! Fat heads, they looked more like fishes!!



I of course got overexcited, msged hubby to come quickly and see the giants, and started clicking away at whatever I saw moved hahaha. Unfortunately I only brought my normal lens with me, so the photos are blurred, but at least you can see the mudskippers and have a general idea about how fat and big they are hahaha. I'm definitely going back there with my other lens for some better photos!!


(Also, blog seems to publish small photos :(. How to resize so that I can show them bigger??!!)

The gang out for some quality time together



Ahh!! What a fat one!
Look at em jump!
Fatty

They remind me of "ikan buntal" (puffer fish)

Just to end, I put in this photo of a tiny crab. Found it funny how he's dancing away with his claws. Probably trying to catch something or just show off, I dunno hahaha

1 comment: