Saturday 18 April 2009

TOBY!!!!

Two days ago, after I came home from work my mom told me that there was a baby rat that they managed to save for me from the backyard (and that there was a black cobra that escaped - I think it was probably going for the rat?). Well...I think it's a rat cos after looking at it, it was as big as my adult mouse, but it hasn't even properly opened its eyes and the ears haven't "stood up" properly yet hehehe the way my baby mice are like. Anyways, when I went to check on it, it was in a bucket, and it was half wet, the poor thing. So just to be quick (cos I wanted to go upstairs and finish my yummy chocolate bar that was waiting for me), I grabbed a small plastic food container and put it in there and ran upstairs to my room where I could inspect it closer (and get my chocolate bar).


Took some photos of it after trying to dry it, such a cute little thing. Eyes hardly open too. While I was looking at it the name TOBY just popped into my mind in big fonts, so of course, I named it Toby!! hahaha..I was initially planning on keeping it overnight then letting it go the next day, but that night I decided that probably it's better if I kept it and try to feed it until it grows a bit older. At first it didn't seem interested in the food I offered it, but last night I saw it nibbling on the dried banana bit, so that's good. This morning when I checked, all the food was gone, so that must only mean good news! :D Only thing I'm worried about is disease..but maybe if it's a baby it won't have any? I'll have to do some research on that.


Toby fell asleep curled up with his long brown tail looking very cute last nite!

Hi Five Toby!!

Just opened his eyes

Where you going Toby!

1 comment: